Technical supervision of construction is the supervision of construction organized by the the builder (contractor) from the begining of the construction to its recognition of suitability for use. Its objectives are: to control the construction of the building (when the construction works are carried out), to administrate the compliance with construction documents, construction of standard safety and use of documents.
The main functions of technical supervisor for the construction are :
- To administrate the construction works and their compliance with the building project;
- To control the quality of the facilities and products used during the construction, to prevent their use if they do not match the construction project and are not in compliance with construction documents, and if they do not satisfy the requirements of safety standards, to administrate the supporting documents on the construction quality;
- to inspect and to accept hidden constructions, to participate during structure testing and recognizing the appropriate use of engineering networks;
- to formulate the construction relevance documents (together with the contractor) and to participate in the work of commission;
- to perform a general building construction maintenance functions, to coordinate special (special construction) building construction maintenance and management activities.